Outside Sales Representative, East Region
SecūrSpace, a business unit of Envase Technologies, is currently looking for a Sales Manager, East Region to join our team.
The SecūrSpace marketplace consists of locations across the country that make extra yard space at their facilities available (i.e., Partners) for truckers and shippers to park and store trucks, trailers, and shipping containers (i.e., Customers). In other words, we could be described as “Airbnb for Freight Equipment.” Our network currently spans over 500 locations throughout the country, from warehouses and trucking terminals to port facilities and containers depots. Since the platform’s launch in 2018, we have processed nearly 100,000 bookings and in 2022 alone, customers booked over 5 million spaces through the platform.
The Outside Sales Representative for the East Region, which includes 18 states spanning from the Southeast to the Mid-Atlantic and all the way up to Northeast, is responsible for maintaining and growing the business by adding new Partner locations to the network, selling any listed yard space and forming new relationships with potential Customers via several channels. The role requires strategic thinking, experimentation, and disciplined execution.
Outside Sales Representatives receive functional support from the SecūrSpace team, but do not have direct reports. Rather, they operate independently with complete ownership over their territory.
The individual who succeeds in this role will be an energetic self-starter with an interest in scaling a two-sided marketplace. An entrepreneurial mindset, competitive spirit, obsession over the user experience and an ambition to succeed are paramount. This role offers a competitive base salary with a commission plan and will require consistent travel to markets within the territory.
- Create and execute strategy to grow revenue throughout the central United States
- Conduct outbound sales over the phone, by email, and through in-person meetings
- Establish and cultivate relationships with new and existing Partners and Customers
- Travel to events and trade shows to promote brand awareness
- Collaborate with marketing team to generate consistent stream of inbound leads
- Develop expertise within the industry and an understanding of the nuances within key markets
- Act as liaison between Customers and Partners for “white-glove” projects
- Manage entire Partner and Customer sales cycle from lead to location listed (Partner) or booking created (Customer)
- Work within agile operational framework setting ambitious goals for leading indicators
- Measure and report progress against sales goals using a various reporting systems
- Provide insights and feedback to guide improvements in user experience and new product development
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience in the transportation industry preferred
· Strong interest in sales – experience a plus, but not required
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong technical skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, etc.)
· Experience with CRM software a plus (i.e., Salesforce and HubSpot)
· Self-starter/willingness to take the initiative
· Time management and planning skills
· Ability to excel and adapt in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to travel (~40% of the time)
· Competitive Salary + Commission
· Full Medical Coverage
· Dental/Vision Insurance
· 401k with Company Match
· Remote/Work from Home
*The East region includes Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine